Tuesday, August 23, 2011

potty training

This July we decided that we were going to give the whole potty-training thing a try.. I must say I was prepared for disaster!  I've heard the craziest stories..like kids that will go #2 anywhere (like the neighbors lawn or behind the couch..) but they refuse to go in the toilet.  I was sure Liam had some crazy ideas up his sleeve! 

 
This is the look he gave us when we said "no more diapers!"


But sometimes I am happily surprised and this was one of those times.  It took a total of one week and maybe half a dozen accidents and he was hooked on the whole big boy "ummwear" (underwear).  That's right! Be jealous! Oh fine, I must admit..he did have an accident involving the deck.. but I think it freaked him out more than me. :)


so excited to show off his skills!


A couple of weeks ago we Tim decided that Liam could wear underwear to bed.  Of course I was thinking of every possible bad thing that could happen and again it was proven that I worry too much.  Liam has done great and has stayed dry every night!

he can even do it with eyes closed!! that's my boy!
 Yay Liam! Mama is so proud of you and is amazed at how you're growing and changing all the time. My little boy is not so little anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment